Anyone experience Braxton Hicks???

Hi! I am a first-time mom and 7 months pregnant. I recently started experiencing a lot of pain in my lower abdomen that will sometimes go around to my back. Sometimes its worse when I need to empty my bladder, but other times it just will start hurting. I was told they are braxton hicks but I read those are more like contractions that come and go. This pain is a constant pain in my lower stomach. Much like a painful stretching or tightening feeling that lasts 15-30 minutes, nothing like cramps. Anyone else experience this???

josi_g

Asked by josi_g at 4:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have all the time. They are just braxton hicks. And they happen all the time when I move too fast.
    pregers2011

Answer by pregers2011 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• if it is constant and last that long, without coming/going... its not a contraction, it may be a UTI especially since it hurts in your back and is worse when you need to pee.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 4:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I had Braxton-Hicks with all 5 of my babies. Since this is your first baby- don't just assume it is Braxton Hicks. I thought I was having false labor pains with my first baby and wound up in pre-term labor at 28 weeks.
    BransonMama

Answer by BransonMama at 4:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It sounds alot like my Braxton-Hicks. If it's more than just a little pain make sure you're drinking plenty of water. I let myself get slightly dehydrated one day and the contractions got so painful I thought I was going into preterm labor
    kestrel359

Answer by kestrel359 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2011