Weaning off Zoloft

I take 50mg of Zoloft each day, and have for the past 6 months due to PPD. I want to wean myself off, and I know that I need to consult my doctor on how to do so, but I'm scared shittless to get off them, what r the side effects? I'm scared that i will become depressed again! I don't want to have to take them all my life, and I DEF dont want to take them when I decide to get preggers again! Have any of u had this issue, if so what was it like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Not a clue, good luck mama and here's a bump!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 4:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I took it for a very short period several years ago. I had a lot of headaches and that is why it was prescribed to me. When I became pregnant, they told me I could continue to take it, but did not want to, so I just stopped on my own. I think my mg was less than yours. I would definitely talk to your doctor first. Good luck!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 4:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Don't do it without a doctor helping you. See a therapist before making this decision.
    Not sure of side effects for going off them.
    Just be careful.
    PLEASE CONSULT A DOC WHILE WEANING YOURSELF OFF IT!
    Anonymous

• You really need to see your doctor because there are several side effects when you suddenly stopped taking Zoloft. You need to travel back on it and taper a lot of slowly, get twenty five mg tabs, yes, they create a twenty five mg pill and it's scored, thus return on an occasional dose for some weeks and then taper down over months, you'll be able to take as very little as twelve.5 mgs each different day for weeks for a true nice slow taper and not have those zaps the least bit. i heard that a few are filing Zoloft Lawsuit for their birth defects.

AngelenaMays

Answer by AngelenaMays at 2:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2011

• What the hell r these saps I keep hearing about?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:54 AM on Oct. 8, 2011