I feel guilty to put my children (13mons and 12weeks) in daycare? How can I get over this feeling?

mamaAmanda898

Asked by mamaAmanda898 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You have to do what you have to do. That sucks that they have to be so young in daycare, but is there really any other option? You have to work to provide for them. Just keep in mind you are doing the best you can for them, and cherish the moments you do have with them. Please take care :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Ugh, I'm in the same boat (or similar). I have a 14 month old and am pregnant with a second. I have to get a job because cost of living in our new locale is so high! I don't want to leave my daughter with someone else. And I dread having to go back to work 6 weeks after my new baby is born. I was so lucky to stay with Lily for 14 months- I just can't imagine handing over a 6 week old!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 8:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I guess we just have to accept it: a lot of people have to do it. It's not ideal, but like she said: you do it to provide for your family.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 8:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• It's hard, (well, with one child, I'll assume it's harder with a 2nd one) but I know that they are there while I do what's best for our family, and that helps me get thru the day. The first few days are the hardest! It gets easier tho!
    cass_pick

Answer by cass_pick at 9:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• idk i always feel guilty that i have to work so much and go to school and leave my dughter but you have3 to do what you have to do.
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2008