How old when you took your child to a movie?

Just wondering? Saw a friend mention taking her lo to a movie and my 3yo (older than her lo) still does not really watch movies at home, so it is not even on my radar to take her to a movie. Not that I am opposed to movies, I was just under the impression that we are not supposed to let the lo's watch too much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• My mom took my son to see Toy Story 3 when he was 23 months old. Halfway through the movie he wanted to sit on her lap instead of in his own chair, but she said he watched the entire movie and was very concerned about the toys. :)
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i just took my DS to his first one and he's almost 2. My son generally will not watch tv, hes too busy, but i took him him and my niece to go see kung fu panda 2, and like i thought he slept threw the whole thing. all kids are different. all parents are different, i would perfer my kids not to watch tv but a movie every now and then is okay
    cassncalise05

Answer by cassncalise05 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• DD first movie was The Princess & the Frog so she was 3 or 4?
    She has seen Tangled a few months ago, Green Lantern & Cars 2 this month. (she is 4.5)

Limited tv/ no tv is best... especially before age 2 (what ive read).
    If i could id love if DD only watched movies at the theater lol... but she watches cartoons in the morning & maybe a movie (at home) maybe once a week?
    I think DD has went to the movies more in the last year than i have in the last 4! LOL... She has went to 2 movies with her grandparents & 2 movies with me & dh... She really enjoyed Cars 2 in 3D.
    I grew up mostly with a tv in my room-- I am NOT a tv person AT ALL! Never have been. And not a fan of going out to the movies. but it IS a nice way to relax & enjoy doing something out of the house with the family when its TOO HOT (tx here) to be outside.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Oh forgot to add:
    It was different when I was growing up. I remember my first visit to the movie theater.. Home Alone (cant remember if it was 1,2 or 3) and I was maybe 6-7
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I don't remember what age they went to a theater but I was taking them to drive-ins around 3 yrs old
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I took my four year old to her first movie last week as a reward for being good. She did okay but it was hard for her to sit for so long. Not to mention, if she leaned back in her seat it flipped up on her! lol
    MommyofTwo331

Answer by MommyofTwo331 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My DD is 26 months, and we ar thinking of taking her to the new pooh movie next week. At like 10am on tuesday, where there will be lots of little kids. I think she will do ok, she loves Pooh.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:44 AM on Jul. 14, 2011