Cloth diapers...

I am planning on using cloth diapers during the day while the baby is with me. Her daddy refuses to use them, so when he gets home we will switch to regular ones, as well as when we are out and about. I figure we will at least save a little $$$ using them during the daytime. Anyways, my question is: How do you wash them? Do you just throw a poopy diaper in the washer? do you rinse it out first? And where do you rinse it? I don't want poo in my sink!? What is the procedure you use regarding cloth diapers!?? thanks mamas!!

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 4:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If baby is on an exclusively breastmilk or formula diet then there is no reason to rinse them. Jus through them in the washer with a diaper approved detergent and it will wash out. Once baby is on solids the poo needs to be rinsed off. I have a diaper sprayer attached to my toilet and I rinse them in there with gloves on. The sprayers cost around $50 new, but in the cloth groups here on CM people sell slightly used for cheaper.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Come join the Cuties With Cloth Booties group!!! All your questions answered, and more (it's a super fun group!) =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 4:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I did the same thing. I used cloth during the day and disposable at night. I dumped the waste in the toilet, and rinsed them ..and then i had a diaper pail with a sealed cover filled with water and an environmentally safe and baby safe laundry soap...you know you could also put a cup of vinegar in the water too to help release stains. At the end of the day I washed all of them and dumped the water. I did that with twins and it saved a ton of $$
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 4:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think that you should look at all the different options for cloth diapers. Google it...there are website that sell them. There are a BUNCH of different ones that you can use and they are muuuuch easier than the ones you rinse out in toilet water. There are some that have covers and you can use disposable liners. They are inexpensive.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Momforhealth.......that is a REALLY awesome idea!!!!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2011