My Three Year Old is Acting Out

A couple of months ago my 3 year old daughter's behavior suddenly changed. Overnight, it seems, she began getting very whiny, stubborn and aggressive especially when we are out in public with her little friends. I am really starting to get worried about this sudden shift in her behavior and am also worried her friends are no longer going to want to play with her. She used to be a very social happy little girl always having fun, but for the past few months she is the complete opposite. I should note that I am pregnant and due in a few weeks and wondering if this could be the result of sibling anxiety and if so when (if at all) can I expect this to change. Or if not sibling anxiety anyone else experiencing similiar behavior and what have you done about it?

mom20082011

Asked by mom20082011 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• maybe she skipped the terrible 2's and so she's in the terrible 3's stage that'sall.... I wouldn't worry too much see how she acts after the baby is born and take it from there ....

traren

Answer by traren at 4:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My baby girl is 2 years and 8 months and her behavior suddenly changes as well. I know it's just a mix of the terrible 2's and trying 3's but I got concerned too, it's was like she went to sleep one night my sweet. outgoing, happy baby girl and woke up grumpy, mean and always crying and throwing little tantrums. I'm sure it's just a phase, I've been very patient and encourage her to use her words in place of crying and throwing tantrums and tons of hugs and I love you's...but I know how frustrating it can be. Good luck.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 4:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Hi, I have a 31/2 year old and she has been tantruming all of a sudden out of the blue. This morning she went into a tantrum because she wanted to take some cards to school and I told her to leave them out home, she flipped out and we had screaming for about 10 minutes before she calmed down. This is new behavior for me as well. In talking with one of my other friends who has a little boy the same age she is going through this with him as well. So I think its just a stage and I'm sure there might be some jealousy as well with your new little one due soon.
    Hopefully this will pass for both of us.

Lucinda
    http://www.lucindaf.scentsy.us
    lucimom

Answer by lucimom at 5:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My son has done the same thing, a tad different though. He started acting out and beating other kids taking things from them and then pushing them down or just straight to hitting them. Then on top of that he stopped being potty trained and stopped talking. We took him to the doctor and now a behavioral specialist. He was acting out because he didnt know how else to get attention plus my husband deployed for the 3rd time so he was pissed and didnt know how else to act. Now we're still working on his speech, his attitude has changed towards other kids and its been about a year n half. They just want extra love and attention and want things explained to them. GL its hard so just make sure you have someone to reach out to so you can take a break
    dedicatedmama2

Answer by dedicatedmama2 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2011