Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

Am i gonna go to jail

I live in PA i have no record i am now being charged and going to court for about $8000-$10000 in welfare money i didnt report my boy friends income so they are taken me to court. What is going to happen to me. I got three kids. Was no married when happened. kids dad wasnt living with me but since that we didnt change his address they are saying he was cause we didnt change it cause we where trying to work things out!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (14)
  • Level 1 Troll.

    Answer by Razelda at 5:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • mmhmm

    Answer by chrstny88 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • margarita time


    Answer by gwen20 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • Go get a FREE consultation from a lawyer in your area. Idk....?

    Answer by geminisummerz at 5:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • You are the problem with PA to be completely honest. I hope you have to pay it all back.

    Answer by amazinggrace83 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • You could, it's called fraud, theft, stealing.

    Answer by meooma at 5:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • You will have to pay it all back along with a BUNCH of fines. You will not be able to get assistance anymore and you may end up in jail.

    Answer by bcauseimthemom at 5:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • I have no record this is my first hting ever done and as for me being problem with PA honey i didnt come here to get bashed so back off im not in the mood for your crap.

    Comment by pugsy723 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • people do go to jail for welfare fraud
    you may be one of them
    if you did not have him living there with you
    can you prove he was living somewhere else?
    if his legal address was your address, this is a real problem
    he must have been getting mail at your home, this is his legal address
    better prove that he had lease at another house and just had mail develiered to yours
    some rental check stubs should to well to prove your case

    does he have rental check stubs to prove he was paying rent at another address?
    if not, i think you are SOL

    Answer by fiatpax at 5:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • You would have to prove that he was not living with you during the entire time you received those benefits.

    Answer by My_3_Babies at 5:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.