Two Year Old Birthday Themes...

I'm sure this is going to seem silly to most, but oh well!! =) I was wondering what themes you have chosen for your kids 2nd birthday party...specifically a girl. I kind of want my daughter to choose on her own, but when I hold up pics of different characters/themes, she gets confused; naturally...she's not even 2 yet!! She likes a lot of different things...Dora, Kai-Lan, SpongeBob Tinkerbell, Disney Princesses, etc. Should I just go ahead and pick something or what?! lol...Birthday parties are big in my family & her first birthday was a huge success...I just want it to be another great party!! Thanks in advance!! =)

mandi0986

Asked by mandi0986 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We did the crayola theme! And it turned out adorable! I did make a ton of the decorations tho!
    ttcforever6391

Answer by ttcforever6391 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Just give her a few to look at and see what she picks. If she's indecisive print out some fun coloring pages with a few different themes and see which one she leans toward more. Have fun!

Lil' Princess- 1st Birthday
    Chuck-E-Cheese- 2nd Birthday
    Not sure what we are doing for her 3rd....I can't wait!
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 5:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• If she'll be happy with any theme, then I'd look around at decorations and party favors you might use for each. You can choose based on the best deals or the most available options. In a couple of years you won't have nearly so much say.

For my twins' 2nd birthday we used a puppy theme with fluffy white puppies with bows for my daughter and cute brown puppies for my son, and they really didn't care at all. For their 3rd birthday party we used Ten Little Monkey's Jumping on the Bed for the theme and rented a bouncer. The Monkey theme was super cute. If you will be inviting a lot of small children, using a popular kid's book or song is fun. Old MacDonald could be adorable.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I'm still deciding on what to do for my DD 2nd birthday even tho it is not til next Feb. Crayola theme sounds really fun for 2 year olds! Here's a bump!
    breezymommie

Answer by breezymommie at 5:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I have a son and his themes have been:

1. First Birthday - mod monkey (they have this them in girls too) TOTALLY adorable!

2. 2nd Birthday- not really a theme... we did a polka dot theme... and the inside of his cake was tie-die he LOVED it! I think a little girl would love it as well

This is what we did: http://www.hostessblog.com/2009/02/fabulous-rainbow-cake-tutorial/

3. 3rd birthday (his birthday is this Friday) we are doing a Buzz Lightyear theme

AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I am having a hard time deciding on my twin DD's 2nd birthday theme as well. Their birthday is in October so I have a little bit of time to make a decision. I'm leaning towards Kai-Lan b/c they love her. Then I could get some generic Chinese decorations. Oh they fun I could have with the cakes!!! :)
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 6:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2011