If a friend is abusing drugs while pregnant? What would you do when they ask for advice?

DaddysGirl523

Asked by DaddysGirl523 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• you let them know that is not good for you they maight loose their live as well as the baby too live is wonderfull give your true answer
    fatiya142

Answer by fatiya142 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• ok
    DaddysGirl523

Comment by DaddysGirl523 (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think you try to get her into rehab,, she could lose her life, her baby's life, have the baby taken from her at birth, and cause him or her great damage,,, if she won't get help, then I think for the sake of the baby you should report her,, so sorry momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would let her know I am there for her when she is ready to give up the drugs to better her health for the baby.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would tell her honestly what you are doing is a form of child abuse. Quit being so selfish and clean up! Sometimes tough love is the only way to go.
    Jaredsgirl12

Answer by Jaredsgirl12 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would talk to her clearly she needs help. I would be open and honest with her, letting her know the effects drugs can have on a child. Also, as a friend I would tell her that you care enough about her to only want the best for both her and her baby. If she is doing drugs while pregnant this will continue. She may think she has control of the drugs, but sooner or later the drugs will have control of her. You need to support her and let her know you are there for her, but she really needs to do the right thing and get help. If she is asking you for advice, it must mean something to her. Be there for her because right now she needs you.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• You can also get CPS involved.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Be there for her if she's your friend. Let her know that you are afraid for her and the baby's lives. Ask don't tell her to go to rehab if only while she's pregnant. Let her know that the baby when born will have issues like birth defects ranging from physical defects to brain damage. If she does it anyway you may have to make the decision to just walk away from her. What she is doing is what a true addict does. They don't care who it harms. As long as they get their fix. Maybe she will be open to help. If she's worried about money for treatment, help her find a clinic that will do it for free. She clearly needs it. Good luck and God bless everyone involved.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 6:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would google some pictures and videos of babies born from the result of drug abuse or call a hospital and ask if your drug additced friend can take a peek at the babies born addicted to drugs..call the nicu at a county hospital and tell them that your friend needs to see what will happen if she doesn't stop...they just might allow it
    Anonymous

• Because it concerns an unborn an innocent child, I would be honest and be firm. Tell her you love her, but that you will not continue to do anything that will allow her to keep abusing drugs. But, you WILL be there to help her find treatment. I would tell her that if she did not go to treatment, then you will call her OB and report the problem to him.

I'm sorry mama, but you have a child to protect. And an addict will not get treatment unless there is something very tangible on the line. You can also drag her to an AA or NA meeting. Let the other members know about the pregnancy. They can be a good source of support for her.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2011