I'm so conflicted about what to do.........

DH was locked out of his job last november and they are still out. The negotiations are not going well and as of late they have not happened at all. So we are about to loose ei and I'm a SAHM, my youngest is just 3 months and I had hoped to exclusively breastfeed him. We are now in a situation that dh can go back to school and take a new engineering course, but it's 2 years long and we will get assisted living expenses, it's enough to cover bills barely. We don't live in a big extravagant home and our living costs are surprisingly minimal, changes we made for me to be a SAHM. I've tried watching kids in my house in the past and it's not for me or my family. We will get childcare paid for with him being in school but when we decided I would stay home with them there were reasons. I'm so conflicted as to what we should do.
Is it wrong of me to want him to forget about school? His job was a very well paying job that he did well. The hours we're sometimes too much but we knew when to expect that. If he decides to do schooling then we are committing ourselves to 2 years minimum (2 more if he get's his bachelors degree) of very little money coming in and me possibly getting a job and putting the 2 young kids in daycare and the 2 older one's in afterschool care. I don't have a problem with working, I'll do it if that's what would be best for my family but after my first 2 kids were in daycare and I've been home for over 3 years now it feels like this is where I should be. I always intended to go back to work when they were all in school, part time.
Please give me some advise as to what we should do. If you've been in a similar situation then please let me know how you made things work and how things turned out for you.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• Hello Mommy, well first I'm really sorry to hear about your situation and honestly I feel that it would be great for your hubby to go back to school because you have to think about the long run and not just the right now. If you want to still be a stay at home mom then i feel thats your choice and thats great also I mean I work from home and maybe you should consider having a business from home and then you could still take care of the kids while bringing home the bacon. This will give your hubby time for schooling and after hes done with school you guys could figure out what you want to do but this is team work here.I am in a business and I belong to a group on Facebook along with coaches and mentors geared to helping build businesses so if your interested in learning more with the team then add me on Facebook and let me know on there your a cafe mommy. My email on there is slaughter_latisha@yahoo.com

Hope to see you there
    beauti_ful

Answer by beauti_ful at 11:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2011