9 weeks preg, horrible stomach pain some help please!

I'm 9 weeks pregnant with baby number 3. about 3 weeks ago i went to the er for bleeding and alot of pain on my left side they did an ultrasound saw the baby and that everything was fine with it, they didnt find anything that would tell why i was having such pain or bleeding all they saw was a cyst on my right side. I've been having alot of pain again on my left side but it is high up like right bellow my rib cage and spreads to my belly button, the pain also radiates to that side of my back. I talked to my gyno she said its gas buts i know its not it hurts like hell, i'm not constipated either. anyone have this problem before or know what it is?

Malibu1979

Asked by Malibu1979 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like it could be gallstones. Is it worse after eating greasy foods? Are you having any bowel issues? Diarrhea or constipation?

Gallbladder disease is common in pregnancy. The pain usually is on the right hand side, but sometimes is on the left in some people. Ask to have u/s on your gallbladder.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would go back to the ER and have more tests run. You shouldn't be in so much pain. Good luck.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Have your OB check for gall stones! Good luck!
    Jaredsgirl12

Answer by Jaredsgirl12 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I did have the same pain but they couldnt tell me why all they told me was to make sure I was getting rest and not to have sex.
    dedicatedmama2

Answer by dedicatedmama2 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I didn't have the pain but I did have bleeding/spotting for a week in my tenth week. I had an ultrasound and they attributed the bleeding to a hemorrage caused by either implantation or a stress trauma (lifting something heavy, being too active, etc.)
    One thing they did do was check my gall bladder and kidneys to make sure they were clear. If you're still having the pain and your doctor didn't check I would go back in.
    e_room_steph

Answer by e_room_steph at 8:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2011