Resume Question

I am not sure how to put this is on my resume....I was a stay at home mom from August 2007 to July 2008 (so almost a year) after working in a call center for 2 years and then having my first son. I then worked in a dealership for a little over 2 years when I quit and became a stay at home mom for the last 9 months. I am wanting to apply for a part-time job, but I am not sure how to add these "gaps" of unemployment on my resume from staying home with my boys. Any ideas?

MichaelsMom330

Asked by MichaelsMom330 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would leave that to be answered in person, if possible. Other option could be to include it in your cover letter, first impressions are extremely important and if you take your time to write a good cover letter to grab your potential employer's attention, including some data about the company you are applying to, it shouldn't be a problem
    alrd

Answer by alrd at 5:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Domestic Goddess, Personal child care, most employers understand Mother's raising their children and you don't want to work for someone that doesn't understand what an important job that really is. Be honest, they will either accept your explanation or they won't.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 5:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2011