Why does my 6 year old still wears diaper? adult content

i`m a single mom with 3 kids.my oldest is 6 years old and still wears diapers.every sense she was 2 years old i have tryed evrything i know to pottytrain her.but nothings worked so far.i have a 2year old still wearing diapers and useing a baby bottle. so i think jealousy maybe the promblem here.she was suppose to start kindergarden last year.but most kindergarden will not take kids not pottytrained yet.i did found one that will but should i let her go or hold her back another year.what is her promblem?please help me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would talk to her pediatrician. He/she could give you the best advice here.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 6:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think you need to call someone to get you help on how to parent better.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Sorry but it's because YOU are letting her. Take away the diapers and pullups and put her in panties. You can't keep her out of school forever because she won't potty train. Do you plan on homeschooling her? Get rid of the bottle for the 2 yr old too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Don't let everyone bash you. There could be a physical or developmental issue that is causing the delay. Make an appointment with the pediatrician and have her evaluated.

When milestones are missed, most of the time it is of NO FAULT of the parents. That usually is an indicator that there is something going on that need to be addressed.

Hugs mama.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• wow. take the botte away from her and give her a cup! talk her doctor about the diaper thing. maybe he can tell you how to potty train a child.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 6:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• A 6 year old should not be wearing diapers unless there's a medical reason that prevents them from going to the toilette. A 2 year old shouldn't need a bottle either.
    Is this question a joke too, I have to ask as I type this answer.
    Anonymous

• There are deeper issues with this kid. No 6 year old would WANT to be in diapers. There just may be a medical or psychological problem going on. I would look into it much deeper. Good luck.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• There's got to be something going on as to why she feels ok with peeing and pooping and sitting in it. It's not normal for a child that age to be ok with that. Also, why haven't u transitioned the 2nd old to a cully yet?
    Mrs.Gallegos649

Answer by Mrs.Gallegos649 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• You are being lazy. Take away the bottle, don't give in. Deal with the tantrums. Put her in panties. If she messes, she cleans herself. It is actually work.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 6:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• ENABLER.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2011