Do other people's kids annoy you????

I have my friends kid over today and I'm getting a little annoyed. We are at the park and they are playing, no spitting, no throwing wood chips and so on. I did have to say it to my kids to but in the same breath I'm saying it he still does it. He had a time out and I talked with him about listening. We come home and I tell the kids to go and wash up. We always wash our hands when we come in the house, it's good hygiene. He asks me why he has to wash his hands. Because they're dirty and we were at the park. He's in the bathroom and I hear the flush. Then no running water to wash his hands. I call his name to see if he's still in there, 3 times and no answer. I go in the hall and he's still on the toilette? Are you done? no answer. Are you done? still nothing. Dude when I ask you a question please answer me. I'm not done. Ok did you hear me calling you? Yeah but I'm not done. Ok fine. But if you answer me I don't have to come looking for you. So he flushes again and heads downstairs without washing his hands. Wash your hands, why, because you just used the toilette and wiped your bum. Oh and walking through the house with his shoes on after I've repeatedly asked him not too. I'm not in the best mood today and this isn't helping....... He's a good kid I'm just finding myself so annoyed right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes there are a few kids around me that get on my nerves but I try to not let it bother me cause I know they learn it all from their parents.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:07 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• YES! I'm not a "kid person" I love my own, but 99% of the other kids out there bug the crap out of me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• There are a few kids that irritate the living hell out of me and I limit my time with them or I get really snappy with them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Some do. Kids raised by permissive parents who allow them to do anything they want and teach them the world revolves around them annoy the hell out of me. I love kids like my son who are well mannered, intelligent, respectful, polite, realize they are a part of the world not the center of it and are not loud.
    Anonymous

• Yes, most other kids do...although it sounds like your having a bad day, at least I'm hoping, as getting mad at a kid for not answering you when hes on the toilet, then you go look for him? poor kid was probably embarassed!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• There is one that I can think of that annoys the heck out of so I limit our time with her. Otherwise I don't seem to have much of an issue with most of the other children that we know.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I hate to say it but I've felt the same way. In fact I agreed to watch a friend's kid over the summer and he does bug me a bit. Don't get me wrong, mine are no angels and this kid IS a good kid. But he does have some behaviors that I am not used to and although they aren't anything super horrible, it is stuff that just makes me think, "WHY am I getting this crap from a kid that isn't mine?" LOL
    Anonymous

• Others kids annoy me, but do you realize that not everyone has the same standards as you do? DH doesn't wash his hands, and I think it's unbelievably gross, and I have to remind him, but in his house they didn't follow through with stuff like that.
    Anonymous

• The kids don't annoy me, but the crazy mommies do!!! Mommies who take toys from other kids to give to their own. Mommies who push to the front of the line. Mommies who make sure their kid gets cake first at parties. Mommies who criticize how other children look or act. WHEN THE KID IS ANNOYING YOU, LOOK NO FURTHER THAN THE MOMMY.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't say I hate other peoples kids but I would have to say I'm burnt out!!! and mainly with girls...I had 3 girls, I had 2 girlfriends that had 4 girls each, and 2 girlfriends that had 3 girls each....I cringe at screaming girls just because I'm burnt out, 25 yrs of girls!!! oh and these girls all had friends and I live in a neighborhood with little girls.....no boys, just my son....who has 20 boys in his grade...which is refreshing because I'm sooo tired of girls, lol, I'm sorry but I had to say it
    Anonymous