Do you have an Autistic child and tried to Apply for IHSS and was Denied IHSS / Protective Supervision / as a Parent provider?

Have you tried to apply for IHSS and or protective supervision for your Autistic child to be their parent provider and was denied over the phone without even recieving an inhome assesment? Or if you did receive and inhome assesment were you still denied? If so im interested in 1. if denied over the phone what was the social workers excuse and 2. If denied after inhome assesment what was the reason. Also if you were not denied were you given the least amount of hours possible even though you know your autisitc needs more hours and protective supervision?

I am asking this question because this is what happend to me. I knew what they were doing was wrong and they were not following regulations. I fought them and won my case with the help of My Advocate. So I am wondering if this has happend to other parents or family members. If this has happend to you and you feel they too did not follow regulations I can help you. For example I was told over the phone my child does not qualify due to his age and it is my responsibilty as his mother. This is against regulation, no child or adult can be denied due to age and cant be denied over the phone, there must be an inhome assesment done. They will give you an excuse over the phone and tell you, you dont qualify then say that you withdrew your app. When in reality they told you that you cant receive services.

I live in Merced Ca. and Im just looking to help other parents get the services and help their children deserve. Even if you dont live in Merced I am availble to help and advise you no matter what part of Ca you live in by email or phone. I can even put you in contact with my Advocate that specializes in representing parents of autistic children and helping them get the hours they are intitled to (He is great). If you do live in Merced or the central valley (modesto, fresno, los banos etc..) I can possibly meet with you and let you know if you have a case and help you get your paper work together.

Very Important: If you have and assesment coming up PLease make sure you have someone there with you as a witness to the assesment DONT DO IT ALONE. Also make sure you have all the paper work you need. Email me if you dont know what you need also If you live in merced and want my help with the assesment and paper work email me. We would have to meet first so I can meet with you and your child to let you know if you have a case. I have to make sure I am only helping with legit cases. Good Luck to all of you and fight the good fight for your kids. Email me here on Cafe mom and we can go from there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't need your help, but here's a bump and a pat on the back. There should be more people in the world like you.
    PTmomma3

Answer by PTmomma3 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I do need help. My son is a high function autism. He has asbergers autism. He needs help in school and we need help understanding him. He doesn't turn in his work and he lies and forges my name. Please help us. We live in los banos.
    ndc80dlc79

Answer by ndc80dlc79 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2011

• i need help... ihss try to denied my services due to my sons age, he's 3 with autism, but I argued over the phone so i can a
    in home interview. please am from Fresno,ca and my personal email is raquelhernandez45@yahoo.com thanks hope to hear from you soon.
    Downasshyna07

Answer by Downasshyna07 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 24, 2011

• I just received a letter saying that I will be contacted by a social worker once they confirm that my son has Medi Cal in 30 days to set up an evaluation. Just wondering if anyone has gone through this process and what type of paperwork should I have ready when they come? Also what type of questions do they ask? I want to be as prepared for this as possible! I will also be asking for protective supervision as well as ihss. Once the evaluation is done is there a time line that they have to go by to let us know if we were approved? My son is 5yrs old and has autism.
    Thank you, Tracy
    2boys1mommy

Answer by 2boys1mommy at 9:42 AM on Jul. 27, 2011

• I know its been over a year but hopefully you can still help. We are in modesto, severely autistic child with multiple other issues and have been denied twice, taking it to fair hearing. Please if you can contact me and guide me through this
    siouxsieyq

Answer by siouxsieyq at 11:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I just got a notice of action from IHSS office and denied my child of Protective Supervision. I need help where to go from here. Please contact me and help me through the process how to request for hearing of any advocates can help me.
    TigerMom2014

Answer by TigerMom2014 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• If your still wiling to help.. Im in need. going through a divorce.. Stay at home mom of one school age autistic boy who is High Functioning, but has sensory issues, social and emotional as well... has in home services as well for behaviors. wont express if something is wrong or scared, freezes in dangerous situations.
    and have 19 month old girl who is qualifying for services right now she is getting speech 2x a month and I have "homework" to do in between visits. they are also going for OT as she has some light issues with one side of her body and a little low muscle tone.
    my email
    monicasmith2020@gmail.com
    Monkey209

Answer by Monkey209 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2014