What's the main use of a hair serum?

I have straight, fine hair.....do I really need a hair serum? Reason I'm asking is there are hair products I want to buy and one of them comes with a hair serum but a little more pricey than the other one I want to buy...about $5 more. So is the hair serum good for straight fine hair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I have frizzy course thick hair and I use serum to smooth my sly aways. I also have very dry hair and it helps with that.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i always use serum, i too have frizzy dry hair and i also use a flat iron to smooth it out. the serum makes it look silky and smooth and shiny, and ooooooh so touchable
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 8:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Yeah, its to keep your hair from getting frizzy. I don't know if I used the cheap s**t, but it made my hair oily instead of lovely...I wouldn't use it again. My hair is actually pretty dry and thick too, so if your hair is fine, I would be a little worried about that too.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• You dont want a hair serum, if you hair is fine & limp you want a root lifter. Blow dry your hair upside down first, then apply the root lifter to the dry roots only & hit it with the blow drier again, standing the hair up as you do this. it will give you volume & lift. im a hair dresser...try this & let me know. Ohh, a light hair spray will do the same thing, just cheaper. make sure you wash your scalp very good. hair spray, serums, lifters will coat & clog the hair shaft if you dont keep the scalp clean. Washing your hair isnt the same as washing your scalp, your hair just gets the benifits of a clean scalp. understand? :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Dec. 18, 2008