What were you doing and where were you when your water broke?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I broke my water while pushing... it went ALL OVER the doctors...
    It is a very funny story... They thought I broke my water before that... but I actually peed... Ooops
    Then in the middle of a big push it broke... a couple min later, my son was born
    TwinsRcoming

Answer by TwinsRcoming at 6:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Both times I was over a week late and induced and they broke my water for me while at the hospital.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• 33 and a half hours. Via c-section. I was in labor of the whole time. I was asleep when it broke in my bed.
    mamato2gagirls

Answer by mamato2gagirls at 6:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I was on the computer (at home in our office) with my husband laughing my butt off while we were making a birthday card for a friend. I had been having contractions all day and all of a sudden, huge pain and I was soaked. LOL. I had her 13 hours later.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Mine didn't break until I was pushing.
    Mrs.Gallegos649

Answer by Mrs.Gallegos649 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Both times I was sleeping. (it was the middle of the night) the first time it took about 16 hrs to have my baby, the second about 10 hrs.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i was in the car going to costco i had my son 7 hrs later
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My water broke at around 3 a.m., as I was sleeping. I felt it right away, and carefully hurried to the bathroom, which isn't very far in my small apartment. Thankfully no mess was made till I got in there, on the tile floor. I was all nervous about protecting my bed during the night late in my pregnancy, because I was borrowing the bed and didn't want to ruin it. So I slept atop a bunch of layers of blankets. But since I live alone, am disabled, and had no car, I kind of freaked, and called an ambulance. I'd been scheduled to be induced that evening anyway, I just ended up going in a little early. I had a lot of blood loss when my water broke, so that was why I was so freaked out.
    bellejesse

Answer by bellejesse at 6:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I had two girls and my water never broke on its own. The doctor had to break it when I got to the hospital in both instances.
    e_room_steph

Answer by e_room_steph at 8:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• With my second, the labor was so fast it didn't break. the nurse told me to push. after a couple tries i remembered. Oops!
    hippiemom04

Answer by hippiemom04 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2011