Is anyone else afraid to ask certain questions or say something because you don't want people to think badly of you?

i already judge my self enough, i just don't want what i say used to judge me. i really love all the replies on all my questions and what have you by you other mom's, but i'm afraid to put it all out there, and i need to sometimes!

MommaFossil

Asked by MommaFossil at 6:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• That's what the anon button on level 16 is for :)
    Anonymous

• I am not afraif and you shouldn't be either. Post away hun.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i posted a question the other day that got people upset with me because of the way i phrased it. i've read other questions that did the same thing. i think it doesn't matter what the question is, it's how people take it that makes them respond how they do. in all honesty, i give up trying to please others because all it does is cause more stress on me than i need. so i say post the questions and see what they say. you'll probably be surprised. good luck on it though.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I know exactly how you feel. I used to post parenting questions on craigslist forums... i got tired of being called names and told to keep my legs shut due to I have a 9 month old and have twins on the way...
    I am not scared to ask any question I am really curious about. There is always that hope someone will be an adult and give you a mature answer
    TwinsRcoming

Answer by TwinsRcoming at 6:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i'm not trying to please others or cause more stress, i have no where else to turn to except to other mom's that are complete strangers because i have no friends, no one to talk to or vent to and CM makes me feel there is a way to find help and talk with you guys!
    MommaFossil

Comment by MommaFossil (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Are you talking about feeling this way in day to day life, or on Cafe mom? And I always say, if you're really afraid to ask a certain question because of offending someone, perhaps it's no one's business in the first place. The conscience is many time a good guide. But, at the same time, if anybody wants to ask me a question, I will answer any one. Really.
    bellejesse

Answer by bellejesse at 6:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Sure do.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Nope I say what I feel here and in life
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2011