Babyshower/babies 1st bday party

Is it wrong to double my son's first birthday as my baby shower for the twins that will be due.
I thought it would be convenient for the people attending rather than making everyone desert their plans for two different occasions... But I also do not want to take away from my son's very first birthday

TwinsRcoming

Asked by TwinsRcoming at 6:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• He won't know. I think it's fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Are you hosting your own baby shower? That seems odd to me. I wouldn't combine them.
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 6:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think it's tacky to host your own babyshower, especially since it's not your first baby!
    Anonymous

• As someone who shares a Birthday with her first born, I am all for the combining of the parties. If you are throwing your own party for the twins I would say that it is a Welcome Babies party, more than a shower. A shower is supposed to be a showering of gifts by your friends.
    bebcarroll

Answer by bebcarroll at 7:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2011

• I hit send too soon. I think that if you are really hurting for things for the twins and everyone knows that, they will be more willing to help. Second showers are never done where I come from, but I also understand not having everything you need for the new baby/
    bebcarroll

Answer by bebcarroll at 7:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2011