To get a job or not to get a job?

I wasn't sure which catagory this should go under. So I got an interview Tuesday that's for a job that would be on Saturday for like 5-6 hours and my dh freaked out. We don't need the extra money..but here are the positives and negatives of getting the jobs.
*Extra info: we have a 14month old son

Positives: I get out of the house , i learn something new, we make a little extra money, more security for myself if something bad should happen to my spouse and or if i want to go back to college..it wouldn't be such a strain on his pay check (yes..we do have good life insurance)
Negatives: Less time for my husband and I, we can't go on weekend getaways for vacations as easily

I'm having a hard time, my husband seems a little less upset..but it's so hard to find any job were I don't have to put my kid in day care..like I said, we don't need the money, but it would be good to get me out of the house. I'll know in one week If i get the job, and there is time for me to think about if I should just say "No" to the job. I'd like to, but i really don't want to get in the way of my time with my husband either..thoughts?

madamlinwe

Asked by madamlinwe at 6:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• it is okay to want and to have your own identity. not being called mom or wife all the time is okay. go for it. he will deal...maybe he is afraid of the 5-6 hours of continuous childcare that he will be responsible for. hmmmmmm.
    mubbie

Answer by mubbie at 6:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think in the long run you will feel like a better Mom if you are able to do something for yourself. There is nothing worse than feeling like you are not growing personally. Not only that if you decide to go back to work later I feel it may be easier because you kept yourself plugged in. Good for you!! Just explain how you feel about it to your husband. let him share his feelings
    Anonymous

• This is something you want to do for yourself... DO IT! You have a mind, body and soul... you can make your own decisions.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2011