How is it possible?

To not know you are pregnant, like GOING TO HAVE A THE BABY pregnant.

Ok so I was at WIC today with a friend and we saw a woman with a baby we started talking to her and sh esaid that the baby was 4days old. My friend said that she must of came straight from the hospital. She said actually she had him at home. We said on purpose? She said no. A couple weeks ago she felt flutters in her stomach and though she was pregnant so she set up a DR. Apt. and was going to go. Well then one day she was sitting there and her water broke and the baby came 20min later. There wasnt even time for the ambulance to get there. She had him next to her christmas tree. She had been takeing birth control the whole time and was still having a period. The baby was fine. But how do you not know. And she was a tiny girl too. And has 2 KIDS already. I just dont get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• well i did see some stories about women on bc on the baby channel tv who really didn't know they were pregnant but i don't know if this is believable since it wasn't even her first and stuff
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 8:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• That is just wierd. I don't know how anyone can't know. This isn't a question to offend anyone, but is she overwieght? A lot of times, women have scanty/no/irregular periods when they're overweight, PLUS they can't feel their babies move and show as much as skinnier women. If she's a smaller woman, I have no idea. The reason I listed above is the only answer I can come up with.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• No she was small. I know it probably isnt believable I have 2 kids and am pregnant again and I knew each time before my period was due. Even with the first.
    Anonymous

• It does happen. My friend's cousin was about 13 when she got pregnant. She'd only had one period, so when she didn't get any more she just didn't think much of it.

She thought she had a tumor or something... went to the dr & she was about 6wks away from her due date.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• One word: denial
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Laura
    well in that case it is more understandable. But a grown woman with 2 kids already and not a young girl who just started or is on her first pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• I think most of those cases are absolute denial. Some of them are ignorance because they never learned about pregnancies and such (mostly the younger moms) so have no clue when their bodies start changing. And some I believe are real. Some people just aren't in tune with their bodies and are so busy they don't notice the changes.
    But I really don't know how they can go 9 months and not know something wasn't right. Even the overweight ones. I'm 250lbs and it was VERY obvious to me that I was pregnant each time. I was huge, could barely move or breathe and the movement was unmistakable in the last 4 months.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Denial aint just a river in Egypt honey!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• The only way I can think that something like this could be true with a woman who had already had babies before was if she had twins and didn't know and miscarried one, then thinking she miscarried continued on with her regular routine, but I don't know how it could have lasted the full pregnancy without her thinking you know it really feels like there is still a baby in there. I knew all three times too, but with the last one I at first thought it was early menapause, what was that thing about a river in Egypt?
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My cousin didn't know til she was 4 months with her son because she kept having "periods". Once she finally missed one and took a test, it was positive so she scheduled an appt with our OB who doesn't see us til 10-12 weeks...she delivered a few days before her appointment. She thought she was miscarrying until she had this 7 month along baby. Missed 4 periods, thought she was going in for her first visit at 3 months...but she was really 7 months! Crazy!

I swear I would have known, but seeing the periods can throw you off...I just know I COULD SEE my daughter moving outside my stomach by 22 weeks or so and I've got a little bit of meat on my bones so its not like I'm so thin it happens a lot sooner than most! All I can say is MUST BE NICE not to know you're pregnant!!! lol...I hate being pregnant!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2008