I need ideas for fun activities/games to play with my toddler.

I feel like I am terrible at playing with my daughter who is two years and four months old. We just had our second daughter who is 2 and 1/2 weeks old so I feel it's even more important now for me to spend time playing with her. I feel like most of the time I am struggling to keep up with chores and not spending enough time trying to play with my two year old. I feel like a terrible mother most of the time. I don't feel like I am creative enough and would love to have ideas of some activities or crafts or games I can do to play with her other than having her help me with chores (she is a very good little helper). I never babysat when I was younger so before I had children I had ZERO experience with children. I am also feeling distant from her like she isn't my little baby any more as she's in the terrible twos and starting to "grow up"... We were inseperable before and now she's not like that and it breaks my heart. Can any moms out there relate??? Help!

hollysybb

Asked by hollysybb at 6:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Bubbles, color, play doh, do her nails. Don't worry. It will get much easier than it is now. You are at the hardest part. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• my toddler like making tortilla pizza , you just need a tortilla/ bit of bread some tomato past some cheese and some topping my boy loving putting the tomato paste on then the cheese then the topping and you cook it on the grill for a min and there you go a home made pizza lol

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• set up a designated time during each day for the two of you to do something together. arts and crafts are a big hit with my 3 year old. every day she looks forward to finger painting, drawing, coloring, etc. we also play school, so she's learning as well as playing. we play "babies", which is just playing with all of her babies and stuffed animals - feeding them, putting them to bed, etc. we live in louisiana, so the weather is almost always favorable for going outside, so we have a little flower garden that we tend. it's actually a little gardening set from walmart that is specifically designed for little kids! hope these help, and don't feel like a failure as a mom. it's overwhelming being a parent in general - you've got two very young children, which i can't even imagine doing. good luck :)
    ShannyLouisiany

Answer by ShannyLouisiany at 6:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• have you thought of taken her to mothers and toddler ? my toddler oves it and so dose my baby
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• my favorite age! Anything can be turned into a learning game. Color together, be sure to tell her things like, "Let's make this monkey purple" That way she picks up objects and colors. Same thing with shapes. Shows like Dora the Explorer are fun to watch, especially if Mom participates. It's summer time, go play in the sprinkler together or pool if you are so fortunate to have one. Read lots to her, she will learn without knowing she is learning and you could ask questions about the story or even the pictures on the page to get her to interact with you. Play peek-a-boo or tag. Sing songs, have fun because before you know it, this time will be gone forever and you will be left wondering where it went.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 6:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2011