Stress?

how much can stress really affect? i cant believe im saying this but im 16 and pregnant and i feel like im stressed out trying to get an obgyn and qualify for pregnancy medicaid and getting my vitamins and arguing with my baby daddy and wondering if my baby is okay all the time and if im getting right or getting enough sleep since this is my first pregnancy....someone pls help my mind is spinning:(

arayal44

Asked by arayal44 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• a lot. find a support person to talk to.
    mubbie

Answer by mubbie at 6:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• its hard when im 16 and my momma dont trust me with anything anymore but thanks
    arayal44

Comment by arayal44 (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would think being 16 and pregnant would be VERY stressful. Try not to get too stressed out though. It isn't good for the baby. Everything you go through, the baby does too. When I find myself getting stressed out with my kids, coming here helps. I post and get some pretty good advice from other moms. It helps. It might help you too. Good luck.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 6:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• it does help out alot because the other mothers dont judge me and give me amazing advice on what to do and its actually relaxing to talk to people who know what its like and thanks
    arayal44

Comment by arayal44 (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It may help to organize and separate things in your life to reduce the stress. Create a list of things you need to get done, use a planner and schedule time for appointments, tasks, chores and even time to deal with the baby's father as well as time for you to just relax. This will help you get through each day.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 6:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It's normal to be a little nervous when pregnant. I always felt comforted when I could feel the baby move. I figured a active baby was a happy baby. All you can really do is try to take good care of yourself and in turn you will be taking care of the baby. Also remember that a lot comes with the territory. You have a lot of different levels of hormones running through your body that can lead to different emotions. Also, it's pretty normal to not sleep well. I'm only 11 weeks and already waking up several times at night. :)
    e_room_steph

Answer by e_room_steph at 8:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• try to calm yourself down by meditating or doing yoga or even deep breathing. when ever you're feeling overwhelmed take the time to shut your eyes and deep breath and remember that if you are stressed the baby is also stressed. and try not to worry so much about little things, if your im assuming he's a ex, if your ex makes you really stressed out and you dont think you can control your emotions there is nothing wrong with telling him "im not feeling well , we will talk later " and walking away or hanging up the phone. im married and i still do this, your health is wayyy more important then him fighting with you. if you are in school go and talk to your nurse and be honest with her about how you are feeling. if you need someone to talk to your school counserler is there for that. there is no shame in going for help in school. also understand that your mom is just upset that u had sex, prove urself by getting help!
    theladyluna

Answer by theladyluna at 11:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Hes not my ex we are still together and yeah ive learned to just shut my eyes take a deep breath and tell him ill talk to him later but thanks for the advice
    arayal44

Comment by arayal44 (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2011