Will It hurt the baby...

Im 35 weeks pregnant... will it hurt the baby to have 1 glass of wine.. i know the docs say its ok.. but it just makes me nervous...

beccalynn0810

Asked by beccalynn0810 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• im sure one glass is fine. i've thought bout having one from time to time but im not sure how the alcohol will settle with me so I haven't.
    april666

Answer by april666 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think that if the doc says that its okay, then it is okay. I personally, do not feel comfortable with it... but if you want to have ONE, and the doc has said it is ok... then go for it! :) I know that some docs SUGGEST it :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 6:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't personally have a full glass. Over the course of my pregnancy I had maybe a total of one glass of champagne just because of the different celebrations we had. The first trimester is really the highest concern. It's a judgment call. Personally, I'm not one to take risks with pregnancy, but one glass is a very different story than one bottle, you know? Sip it slowly, make it last, even over an hour or more.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• ok... i have just had a craving for it for a couple weeks now... and have debated it up and back.. so the hubby is out getting me arbor mist... its just my debate with myself to have a glass or not. lol
    beccalynn0810

Comment by beccalynn0810 (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't. You are almost at the end.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• lol 1 glass thats it.... wont hurt.. if you have more then 1 glass weell then it will hurt.
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It will be fine.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't do it, but I won't even take Tylenol during pregnancy. Just wait it out. It's not THAT important is it?
    Mrs.Gallegos649

Answer by Mrs.Gallegos649 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It's totally fine. I had about 1-2 glasses a month after the first trimester, with plenty of doctor "okays". It Europe the limit is no more than one a DAY, (which is too much for me personally). FAS only occurs in alcoholics (or people lying about their alcoholism), and they're finding that a little bit of wine here and there is actually GOOD for your baby, not harmful. Remember, however, a "GLASS" is no more than 4 oz.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 7:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I'll wait just smell it lol
    lorettalw

Answer by lorettalw at 7:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2011