The mail!!! I know this sounds trivial, but it driving me nutty!

What time does your mail arrive at your house? It is almost 6 and ours still has not arrived,, sometimes I think she just by passes our street,,,when the fill in mail carrier comes we get it about noon,, I depend on checks for my job,, and find it ridiculous the mail sometimes gets here at 8pm??? I know it sounds like a stupid thing to complain about, but it is driving me batty, so I was wondering is this normal,, who could I call to get it here earlier? Thanks so much!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 6:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• If your USPS is like mine, the postal workers are paid by the hour, especially on weekends, so the longer they take to do their route, the more they get paid.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Ours comes anytime between 10am and 7pm. We use to have a great carrier that was always very prompt. He was always here by 11am. Now the route is a training route and we get all different carriers. It drives me crazy!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Get a post office box and then you can pick it up whenever you want. I had to do that a few years ago.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Not trivial at all!!! DH and I have been going nuts about how our mail never comes at a set time!!!!!!! it drives me nuts too!!!! I don't rely on the mail for my work, but I hate not getting my Netflix in the morning, so I can watch it & send it back first thing the next morning!!!!!
    Mrs.Gallegos649

Answer by Mrs.Gallegos649 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• If it's a check from your employer see if they can transfer it to your account that way you don't have to wait.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• This very thing happens to my momma,she depends on her disabiltiy checks,you probally just have a slower mail carrier that day.
    MarGeee

• I don't know why it drives me so crazy,,, it just does! LOL! I am waiting for her to pull up,, she usually sits our front for at least 45 minutes before walking up,, I have wondered if she is smoking dope while on the job,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I definitely would talk to someone at your local post office. Getting your mail that late is not really convenient, or normal, really. I get my mail around 11 a.m., 1 p.m. at the VERY latest.
    bellejesse

Answer by bellejesse at 6:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• No direct depost,, they don't do that,, but it also is everything else that comes,, stuff from son's school, bills etc,, nothing like getting ready to go to bed and finding out your electric bill is $500! LOL
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Our is here by noon if the regular carrier delivers it the stand in gets it here by two. They are off work at 4pm so no deliveries after that here.
    Anonymous