This is a strange one!

have you ever had an encounter with the cops that made them laugh at you? i have lots of times. here's an example:
our one headlight blew out. i went to walmart and got the bulb after dropping hubby off at work. on the way to pick him up, at three in the morning, the cop pulls me over and 'informs' me about my headlight. i told him it's sitting right beside me. i know nothing about cars but he's more than welcome to replace it for me. he let me after running my name and tags, i saw him leaning against the hood of the car laughing.
i just want to see how many other people have dealt with the nice cops.

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• last summer when my daughter was working as a camp counselor she was boating hit her head and got a concussion....now this place is 4 hours away.....I was going 70 the entire time and so focused on getting there i look in my rearview mirror to see flashing lights...so I pulled over and I asked the cop if he had been following me awhile and he kinda laughed and said he had....so I told him the situation and he let me go after everything cleared and without anything other then to tell me to watch the mirrors more closely.
    Most cops would have been pissed and gave me a ticket! but he was gracious and understood the situation.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 7:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Many police officers nowadays are less understanding than they really need to be. Sometimes they forget that part of their job is to help people, not just embarrass them or discriminate against them. If a person is truly respectful to the officer, they deserve cooperation and respect. And vice versa.
    bellejesse

Answer by bellejesse at 6:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• that's true. just like they say if you get pulled over by the state while it's raining you're going to get a ticket. that's not true. he never gave me one. he just laughed in my face and gave my friend a seatbelt ticket. lol i was driving nine at night with no head lights down main street. and that was a three hundred dollar ticket!
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2011