Does this make me selfish or a bad mom?

So im 19 and im a single mom of 4 kids. and i just found out a few days ago im 7 almost 8 weeks pregnant. its my ex boyfriends baby we already have a 1yr old son together. well before i found out i was pregnant i found out i have to get my tonsils taken out. well my doctors gave me the option they told me if i go through with the surgery im most likely gonna lose the baby but if i dont go with the surgery and get strep throat for a 5th time as bad as i got it this last time it could do some serious damage. so my question is does it make me selfish to choose my health over this baby?

IF YOUR GONNA BASH ME BECAUSE I HAVE 4 KIDS AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE DONT BOTHER TO EVEN FUCKING COMMENT IM SICK OF PPL FUCKING BASHING ME JUST BECAUSE IM YOUNG. I KNOW WHAT BIRTH CONTROL IS AND I WAS ON BIRTH CONTROL WHEN I GOT PREGNANT. 

MandiBaby

Asked by MandiBaby at 6:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think it really depends on weather or not you really want the baby. I think its a little selfish, yes. But sometimes we just need to be selfish. Also, I think some other things to weigh are: If you go through with this surgery, and you do not loose the baby, can it cause any other damage to the baby? Are you prepared to deal with that? Make the choice that YOU think is best. Good luck mama.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• That's a hard one. You have four other ones mama . . . and they need you areound to care for them. You have to take care of your health. For them.
    Anonymous

• I would get a second opinion on your condition., this baby has no fault and if it can be saved it should.

Answer by older at 7:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Wait - my answer about being able to save your baby AND your health was deleted because you got pissy?

Good grief.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 7:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• im not gonna fucking sit here and get bashed by fucking everyone. so what im young and have kids i wouldnt fucking change my life for the world i love my kids and if ur gonna sit here and fucking bash me u can go bother someone else im fucking done listening to people bash me just because i have 4 kids. so what learn how to grow the fuck up and dont fucking judge ppl
    MandiBaby

Comment by MandiBaby (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• You deleted your first questions because you weren't getting the answers you wanted? Your language is atrocious, you are rude, and when you ask a question in a public forum you should expect a variety of answer, many of which you won't like. Not the best way to start on Answers.

My answer to your first question actually showed concern for you, your health, your children and your choices...

meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• You had a valid answer on how to save your baby AND take care of your health so you didn't get any more strep. You chose not to listen. I have zero sympathy for people who can't take personal responsibility into their own hands and just try to hear what they want to hear. Clearly, that is how you have operated for a while.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 7:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Do what's best for you no others besides your children
    lorettalw

Answer by lorettalw at 7:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Did the doctor tell you why he thought you would lose the baby? I don't understand that. There are alot of mamas who had had to undergoe surgery while pregnant, and the babe has been fine.

I might get a second opinion.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• he said because of all the stress and the fact that im not gonna be able to eat for a few days. he never said it was a for sure thing he just told me there was a chance im gonna lose the baby.
    MandiBaby

Comment by MandiBaby (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2011