What does it mean if my hips hurt on and off?

Does anyone know what it mean if my hips hurt on and off is there any way it could be related to pregnancy

lorettalw

Asked by lorettalw at 6:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sciatica
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It means you're pregnant!! Hip pain is TOTALLY NORMAL in pregnancy. If it gets too bad, see a chiropractor, mine was a LIFE SAVER in my last pregnancy.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Thank you ma2b08 for you post I just wanted a answer I didn't wanna get my hopes up high and they are not related
    lorettalw

Comment by lorettalw (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• You will get ALL kinds of pains during pregnancy! hip, is just one of them :) Its normal. then your lower abdomen, then your pelvis, and your sides etc, etc,etc! Drink lots of water, rest up. When your sitting down, try to make a notable effort to stand up slowly...thats always my problem... I will stand up to quickly and then cause my own pain. :( Tylenol is okay to take if its just to much to handle. Good luck! Congrats on the pregnancy ;)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Remember that your hips rotate outward to accomodate the baby. That could be causing some of the pain and discomfort. If it gets too bad I would mention it to your doctor.
    e_room_steph

Answer by e_room_steph at 7:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Thank you glad there ate people to talk too
    lorettalw

Comment by lorettalw (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I have the same problem my hips been hurting and feeling wierd, that really could mean im pregnant?
    Needhelpttc

Answer by Needhelpttc at 2:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2011