Why are people so rude and think they know it all? (vent)

I posted pics of three of my kids' rooms plus a pic of their old nursery and some woman says their a sham bc she has seen then on a design website. But here is the catch....my son is a photographer and my oldest daughter is a designer and her husband works with designs and i am an interior decorator.....so if you see something on a website, do you think it just popped there or did someone have to try it or make it first....then sell it? geez, people there are someone behind the camera and someone behind the design.....it doen't just pop up.....i have the feeling this issue will come up again.....but anyway....this is how it came to be..... so we can keep peace.....ask me first.... I have a designer, a photo journalist, an artitect, a model, a us army soldier, a nursing student, a ranch/ rodeo hand (who is also a youth pastor), a singer and band (with success overseas), and another model/photography nut, and inspiring chef.... then the lil ones out of my kids alone....we aren't going into their spouses or SO's...okay.........ask don't be an ass.

southernlady184

Asked by southernlady184 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• You know that some people have no ethics, and were raised without morals. First of all its no one's business about the rooms in your home, you have every right to be proud of what you made the rooms look like. We all could add a little spice to the average white domain. She just sounded like maybe she thought she could have done better...News flash, thats why she has her own rooms to worry about, and further more if her rooms were all that, she would have posted them on the site...Don't be mad, just know that there are still haters in the world.
    lisaworksathome

Answer by lisaworksathome at 7:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• southernlady...this is an online pubic forum. On Cafemom you should expect those kind of comments and responses from all questions. It's just the nature of the internet. Remember it's text on a page, don't let comments from total strangers bother you.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• did you say of course thats where i got the ideas? gee whizz some people! but i just finished reading it and i'll bite, what do they do? and where do they work out of? i need help with fixing up my house. :)
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Yeah, people are getting ruder every day day. But I'm sure you have more important things to think about than what other people thing of your nursery. Tell them to get a life.
    bellejesse

Answer by bellejesse at 7:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think it is more that many people consider other's liars. My mom had this problem. The office manager where she works thinks she is a liar. My brother used to be in a special ops military group, my dad has a unique hobby and while he does not have his own show on TV, a friend of his does (with the same hobby). And my dad has a very unique vehicle that was only produced in limited quantities. The fact that this man thinks she is a liar came to light when my Dad came to pick my mother up from work in his car and the office manager made a comment that he thought the car was just another of my mother's 'stories'.
    As I began to list other things in her life that had happened that could add to the story, we began to realize how some of the things she experienced might be considered outlandish to someone who doesn't know her.

I guess in this day and age, people just expect the worst of others.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• noel1978, duh? did you not read what they do? no, i didn't get the idea from them, they got it from me.....i can think up things myself......as for where? i am not going to spend all day giving you addresses but we are based in sc and ny......no wonder you need help with your house.
    southernlady184

Comment by southernlady184 (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I've come to find out those make those nasty remarks behind a computer screen are cowards and I promise you they wouldn't say it to your face.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Um, I think you may have misread noel1978's response. If not, then you need to take your own advice and stop being rude because that is what you are doing to her.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2011