My water broke at 23 weeks. docs have no explanation. anyone else go through this and like to share your experience?

I'm curious why, how to prevent it from happening with my next pregnancy, and is it likely to happen again with my next one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• my mom's water broke at 25 weeks. She had the baby , my sister was less then 1 pound and alive but barly, because she was so little she had to in the hospital for another 4 months for montioring. she had a rough start had a few close calls but she is a healthy 13 year old girl now.
    even though she never had any more kids the doctors told her that it was a one of a kind type thing and she shouldnt worry about it if she got pregnant again. so there you go. it just happens sometimes.
    theladyluna

Answer by theladyluna at 10:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Those are really questions for your doctor. Are you on hospital bedrest to keep the baby in as long as possible, or what was your outcome? A lady here had hers break at 24 weeks and they kept her pregnant til 26, baby is almost 2 months old and is doing so well.
    Anonymous

• Not likely to reoccur and probably preventable.
    Some women leak for a while until it reseals (or was just a tear through one layer), for months or minutes.
    I only had to go over a week at term.

Make sure you work for optimal health~ what you do in pregnancy can affect the pregnancy so it's worth aiming very high.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2011