Hair Loss

Oh my gosh...my hair has been coming out by the handfuls...I know this is common while breastfeeding but any suggestions and when will it grow back?!

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 8:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The hair that you are losing is extra hair that your body held onto while pregnant. (remember how full and lustrous your hair was during pregnancy?) It will not grow back but, your hair will be the same as before you were pregnant.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Actually this is not extra hair, I actually have thinning on my forehead hairline. I have always had thick hair even before pregnancy, now it just comes out in handfuls.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I had a friend who started lost all her hair after having a child. The doctors initially diagnosed her with alopecia (spelling?) but later realized it was caused by the nuva ring. Do you think it could be caused by a type of birth control that you are on? Just an idea.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My hair did the same thing. My DD is now 11 months and it is growing back. I can see all the little fly-aways and feel the difference....lol. 

jepelican

Answer by jepelican at 9:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• jacy3031: Im not on birth control
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2008