I just read this in another question adult content

how can they outlaw a miscarriage? i had one awhile ago! i found out by taking a home test, called the doctor the next day (monday) and had my appointment set for the following week. by the time tuesday rolled around i was bleeding, didn't think anything of it, it was normal to be spotting. but by the time supper came around i was in the hospital and they told i lost the baby. how could i have planned that? i have three other kids we all live together why would i want to kill my child? they told me i was close to three weeks in when we found out.

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• All it's going to do if they pass that law is keep more women from seeking proper prenatal care.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• They can't outlaw miscarriages. I am confused too. I had 2 miscarriages in my 2nd trimester so lock me up I guess.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• OMG! That is ridiculous. Must be a dang Republican trying to pass this law.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Yea, that is not going to pass.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I've had 5 pregnancies, and only have one child. No abortions. I dare someone.....
    Ashleigh_17

Answer by Ashleigh_17 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Some idiot representative in Georgia is trying to make it a law that if you cause your miscarriage then you can be charged for it. I can see some major problems with that if it happens.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• They aren't outlawing miscarriages. That's just a scare tactic. They're trying to make it a crime for a woman to cause intentional harm to her baby after a girl asked her boyfriend to beat her up to induce a miscarriage. They couldn't prosecute her because there's no law against it, so that's what they're doing. They're not going to ask every woman who miscarries how it happened, but they need something available so when something like that happens, they can prosecute.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It is not that simple.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I was 7 weeks along on my first pregnancy and i had a miscarriage. There is no way they can make that legal. To many moms out there have problems with pregnancys that they have no control over. If theywant to legal something how about all the people that keep having kids and giving them up cause they rather go out and have fun. So sad.
    rossfamiily

Answer by rossfamiily at 7:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Here is a link to the bill they are trying to pass http://www1.legis.ga.gov/legis/2009_10/fulltext/hb1.htm It is the actual bill, so you should be able to read it and find out exactly what its about. They are also trying to pass one in Utah as well. The one in Utah is about self induced miscarriage (abortion) and they are basically saying that if a women does anything that can cause a miscarriage (not wearing a seat belt, drinking, smoking, ect) she will be punished.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2011