Any tips everyone for baby's 1st birthday party?

my son's(only baby in our fam.) 1st birthday by end of July.i dont really plan on doing a big party since i dont have any friends or family here in U.S besides the family side of my husband...i would appreciate any suggestions/tips thanks!!! ^_^

mhaijpinoy

Asked by mhaijpinoy at 7:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just make it easy. If you have other really young ones there, make sure there is playspace, toys, finger foods for the kids and some non-messy food for the adults . . .stuff they could eat with one hand.

Skip the present opening. The 1 yr olds don't get that.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Just have fun cake and ice cream after all its just a party for a baby enjoy
    lorettalw

Answer by lorettalw at 7:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Babies that young tend to get over-stimulated. Just have a family over for a quiet bit of cake and a couple of presents. All you really want are pictures. The baby isn't going to remember any of it.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I know my daughter is turning one on the 21 and we having close family friends that we talk to on a base it’s going to be a small one because we don’t have much money right now.
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• just make sure the bday baby is happy :)
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 8:13 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• don't skip his nap!!!! i know it's exciting and everyone wants to see the birthday baby but the nap is VERY important. If you skip it you will have a very grumpy baby!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2011

• keep it simple. wait till their older to plan something big.

My son was tired pretty quickly so we made sure to have the party in the afternoon, I kept it to family and the entertainment was watching him do stuff.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2011