Are you about to become part of a blended family?

candicejed

Asked by candicejed at 7:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Our family has been blended for quite a while.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• no i am allready part of a blened family i raise my two step kids who are 10 and 8 and me and dh have two sons togther who are 3 ( on two weeks ) and 10 months i love all for of my kids even if i did not give birth to them
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 7:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• no me personally, but i do have about twenty to thirty nieces and nephews that are mixed. helped raise one nephew too before i met hubby and she moved away. what questions do you have?
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I was almost part of a blended family 4yrs ago, and for 2 years was very active in raising my ex's daughter. The BM and I had a VERY good relationship, especially when it came to the children. I am now part of another blended family, and again am very active in my SD's life even though we dont see her as often as we would like. I do not have a close relationship with the mother (she has been having issues and has been away most of the time) but I do have a sturdy relationship with her aunt and grandmother, who have her in custody ATM. It is hard being part of a blended family, especially if Mom and Dad have different rules at their houses. I throughly enjoyed it. Being with my ex and his daughter helped me out alot with figuring this parenting thing (like a test drive) and still be able to completely back off if needed/wanted. I believe it helped greatly with my son. I was a little less freaked out I think.
    baquick

Answer by baquick at 9:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2011