Spin off of another question I ask...

If you went into a restaurant. You, your DH, and your 2 children. The oldest 3 and the youngest 1.
You order your food, and in mid meal your children are finished and wanting to leave. They begin to cry...
The manager walks over and says "you have to leave because your children is crying". Would you pay for your meal?

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, you ate the meal.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Big controversy...I'd get my food boxed up to carry out then pay and leave.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Oh no i wouldn't. Thats wrong for someone to do that. I would have to have the owner of the place called in and i would be talking to a attorney or mayor or someone. Thats racist...if they don't want whiney kids in their place then put a sign on the door saying no kids and watch how many people will be outraged...Hope this didn't happen to you.
    rossfamiily

Answer by rossfamiily at 7:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• How the heck is it 'racist', rossfamiily?
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• it happened to us! he told the waiter where are the cops? and the bad thing is we were about to ask him for two containers when he came over with an attitude. it happened in a different place but it wasn't the waiter it was the manager, we had a nice amount racked up and he came over and asked us politely if he could get us a couple of to go boxes and then gave us a coupon for a free dinner. and aplogized to us for our kids disturbing the other customers! so i guess it all depends on how they ask us to leave. if they are nice then yes, if not then the kids get to terrorize them alittle bit longer.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Any mature, responsible parent WOULD.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Nope. Not if I hadn't gotten to eat it! My children are typically reigned in, but people need to realize children are constantly learning how to behave in public.
    Anonymous

• We would leave on our own without needing to be asked. We have respect for the other diners who do not want to hear a kid, or kids, tantrum.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Yes I would pay for the meal. Why should I get to eat for free if MY kids are making a ruckus?
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Guess I'm just not a mature, responsible parent.
    If I'm going to pay to sit and eat at your restaurant and someone comes over and tells me I have to leave because my child is disruptive, especially, if I was mid-meal. Nope, sure wouldn't. I'd stand up, pick my child up, and leave...without paying.
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2011