Kind of feeling depressed...

I am 11 weeks pregnant, and I completely feel it. I have been sick since 3 weeks, and I feel so depressed. I can't clean like I used to, my face is breaking out, and I never even feel like doing ANYTHING. When I was a late teen/early 20s I had acne pretty bad & it really killed my self esteem. I feel like its happening again, but I know its only from hormones bc I got rid of it with ACUTANE then. I don't want to tell my doctor I am pregnant bc I don't want to take any anti-depressants. I have heard horror stories, and someone always wants you to try something new. Any suggestions? Maybe I should go get my hair done?? lol... On top of all of this I am not getting any sleep at all hardly because the baby keeps me sick alllll night and I can only lay on my back to get comfy and I am a Stomach sleeper. I have tried pillows and stuff, so I am unsure about investing in a boppy thingy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Hello i am not pregnant but i have the same things. Depression or postpartum depression what ever its called. Talk to someone to keep your mind off of everything. You can talk to me anytime. And instead of spending all that money on one of those boppy things get a pregnancy pillow the kind that wraps all around your body or walmart has this pillow called bomerang pillow. I got one and its the most comfortable thing. Eat cracker when you feel nausous. You might be thinking so much about alot that you are feeling sick to your stomach. Hope you feel better and things change.
    rossfamiily

Answer by rossfamiily at 7:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• You need to talk to your dr about it. It's ok to not want to take meds but your dr needs to know whats going on with you. If you have any kind of depression now, you are more susceptible to PP depression.
    There are lots of things that you can do to hep though. Exercise and diet are major ones. Make sure you're taking your vitamins and eating healthy. And exercise releases endorphins which is what gets you in a good mood. Talk to your dr about what stuff is safe and what to avoid.
    As for the chores and stuff, maybe try setting a time limit.. for example- set aside 30 mins in the morning and do a little in each room or focus on just one room. Get as much as you can done, and then when you're 30 mins is up, be done. No guilt about what you didn't get to. Then set aside another 30 mins or so in the evening and do the same thing.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I tried to add more to my answer, but my computer shut down.
    Another idea- is there a teenager you are close with that would do some work to earn a little $? If you can afford it, and know of a teen that would do it, I think it would be a good idea. Once or twice a week, have them come over and help with the bigger chores, dusting, vacuuming, help with laundry, ect. That takes some pressure off you.
    And definitely do something for yourself. Buy some nice bubble bath, get your nails done, new hair cut/do, or maybe buy some cute maternity clothes. Do something that makes you feel great about yourself.
    I think the last thing I'll list is to keep in contact with close friends and family. Especially ones that have had babies. They know what you're going through and it's always nice to be able to talk to someone. Lean on them and let your needs be known. It's OK to ask for help.
    I hope you feel better soon! Message me anytime!
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2011