HELP ME, I think I am going deaf!!!

My 6 1/2 month old has found her voice and screams CONSTANTLY SO LOUD! Not a cry, just a very high pitched wailing all day LONG!!! I'm going nuts and my head is pounding! Any thoughts! ( sorry so many exclamation points, jsut wanted to be sure you guys could hear me over her yelling!)

cailynsmommy626

Asked by cailynsmommy626 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter screamed for the first 11 months of her life. All at a pitch that would peel paint. We survivied. She is now 14 and has a gorgeous singing voice. It must have been all that early practice.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Sounds great they will get over it is nest your baby is crying instead of being super quite
    lorettalw

Answer by lorettalw at 7:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• hahaha. I'm SO sorry I HAD to laugh. I thought I was the ONLY one dealing with this!!! My son did this when he was 7 mo. then stopped, now has started again at almost 11 mo. I have found the BEST way to deal with this, is to IGNORE him when he's screaming, and MAKE SURE I acknowledge him in SOME POSITIVE WAY when he is not. This way he realizes that he's getting attention for being good, and not for "being bad" or screaming. So far it works, and his screaming sessions last WAY less than if I say "no" every time he screams!! I hope this helps! :) 

awasmer828

Answer by awasmer828 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Earplugs?
    Anonymous

• They say trying to stop and explain to the child sorry but mommy can't hear you when you use ____ voice or ___ pitch or when you scream... so if you could talk normally then mommy can hear you better. They scream cause as adults we tend to tune them out when they use their normal voice.. so they scream and we cringe.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 10:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2011