Anyone else fall short of perfection?! What's wrong with your parenting?

I fell WAY short by CM standards...

My children have acted up in public...and I have spanked in a bathroom. Most don't know which is worse; that my children aren't perfect, or that I spanked. Of course if I didn't spank, that would be bad too, right?

LOL

Anyone else notice the overload of complaints about the way people parent tonight?

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• According to the women here- just about everything. In real life I think I'm doin pretty good =)
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Yes. People should mind their own and give advice instead of shoving their own parenting beliefs down everyone else's throats.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 7:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i agree with them. i have the same problem about not knowing how to raise my three kids. but my problem is most of the ones who look down at me has their own kids raised by someone else.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I am trying to. I am not perfect and there are alot of moms that will probably say the same thing unless they have more then one child. I spank my LO but not hard or anything. I will smack her hands if she gets something that she isnt suppose to. She goes to bed when I do around 11-12 at night. She don't sleep in her own bed cause we don't have room for her own. She throws fits sometimes in stores but she always stayed home with me cause we didnt have a car to go anywhere and she has not been around any kids her age. She is spoiled. I guess i am not a good mom at all. Please don't judge me.
    rossfamiily

Answer by rossfamiily at 8:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I am by no means perfect, but then again who is? When my DD was screaming for 7 straight hours all I did was cry and then the second my DH got home from work I had to leave the house because I honestly couldn't take it anymore. I felt so horrible, but now I know that it is ok to get overwhelmed, and when that happens it's DHs turn to watch our daughter so that I can try to relax.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Everything... I yell, I've spanked, I formula fed (supplemented my bf-ing), I'm sure I do everything else wrong too....
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I'm really bad. My kid was 4 before she had her first donut! She acts like a raving lunatic in Walmart (I swear its the lights) LOL! :)
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I fall way short of cafemom's perfect parenting standards. Some of the mothers on this site are truly the most perfect parents ever in the entire world. They do everything right 100 percent of the time. I sit in awe of their perfection.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• you are your own good parent in your eyes.
    MommaFossil

Answer by MommaFossil at 8:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• texasgurl - just wondering what's wrong with delaying giving a child a donut until 4???

I don't cloth diaper. I started to but stopped after a month mainly because my husband didn't like it. There are a few other little things but that's the only one I feel is really bad.
    Blue_Spiral

Answer by Blue_Spiral at 8:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2011