Weirdness...

When I was with my ex we used to call each other "babe" all the time. We were together for 4 years and had my son. We broke up and are on good terms. We both have moved on for a couple of years now.

My new boyfriend has started calling me that and I never really noticed too much. Today he asked me why I don't call him that, or why I don't have a cute nickname for him. Should I tell him that it sounds weird coming out of my mouth? It just doesn't feel natural. I don't really want to upset him or make him think that I still love my ex.

What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe try calling him honey instead. If it really just don't seem to right to you explain to him why it is a bit awkward for you.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Why not come up with another nickname for him, that way he gets the satisfaction of a nickname and you don't have to explain it or call him babe.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I'd just tell him you aren't comfortable doing that right now. That it will happen naturally. I wouldn't mention the previous relationship.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• tell him the truth. you used to call your ex that and now that is why you can't call him that. tell him your still thinking of a better nickname for him. and everyone you thought of your girlfriends call their guys.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would.....
    Be honest...

If there is anything, I have ever learned in my life-time is to be honest, with the man you love.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2011