doctors are whacks

My 6month old son has been sick for almost 4 weeks now. I have taken him to several different doctors, several different places, all of them prescribe him different meds, and diagnose him with different sicknesses. He has been pulling at his ears, which most of the docs said he has a ear infection, but all the medicine they have given us won't clear it up. They even tried giving him antibiotic shots. He is not wanting to eat, or sleep, Which is hard on me because I am still in school, and he goes to daycare during the day. He also has runny nose, fever usally around 100.6, and his cry is really hoarse. I just don't know what to do because I am new at this, and no one to help me. Does anyone know what it could be, and what I could give him to help him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have an article that i thought might help... its by drgreene... i love his advice.. cause he runs on the whole.. there never is just one answer... you mentioned ear tugging, he said that there are more reasons to ear tugging, possibly, wax buildup anyhow, try this... http://www.drgreene.com/21_1074.html and as for the tubes, my best friend, all three of her kids had tubes, and that helped so much, with the second one, she had to bring it up. Dont stop asking the questions, and if you feel your doctor isnt helping, call around and find one that can help you, even if you are on state insurance, or private, or self paid, you have options.. and good luck in school
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 9:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• what are the meds?
    Anonymous

• i say take him to the hospital. if the meds arent working it might be more of an infection then the drs think..
    Anonymous

• i've never dealt with ear infections with my kids but a close friend of mine had the same problem with her baby . they put that baby on antibiotic after antibiotic.after a month or so they finally put tubes in his ears but the doctors did not bring it up she had to suggest it, and that has seem to work.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• have you finished each course of treatment entirely? it is terrible to start your child on antibiotics and not complete the entire dose. this is soooo bad for them. thats one of the reasons i questioned the meds
    Anonymous

• In 4 weeks he's been on several different meds? He's not been on anything long enough to help him. He needs to be on one medication for at least the entire course of treatment for that med....why are you doctor hopping...you're only making things worse by seeing different doctors.
    Anonymous

• I am not being rude, but you may want to consider keeping your little one home from daycarre while he is sick. You dont want to expose him to other germs, or expose other children to his. I would also stick with one Pedi that way everything can be documented in one place and hopefully they can come to a general consencious soon.
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• my daughter had ear infections thoughout her infancy and finally took her to the ear nose and throat doctor but luckly they just seemed to stop. just some advise that was told to me. don't put him to bed with a bottle or feed him laying down because it just contributes to the ploblem. if you haven't already take him to the ear nose and throat dr. he may need tubes in his ears. good luck
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 11:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Well I suggested to the ped that he might need tubes in his ears, but he said that It was too early to tell that, because he hasn't had that many ear infections, but hes just had 1, for about 3 months now, it wont go away. And both me and his dad had to get tubes in our ears before we were 1 year old. Doctors just wont listen, and the only reason I have seen other doctors is because My aunt told me of a place, where she takes her kids that was suppose to be really good. And when I take my son to the hospital, usally there are different doctors, and which ever one will see him first is the one he sees.
    Anonymous