Confused.

I have been dating this great guy for about 4 years and we both lived in Texas at the time. We decided to move back to where we were from in Arizona after we got married. We live an hour from his family add about 3 hours from my family. We see him family more and since we have a newborn  it's good to be around helpful people like his mom and sisters.

Believe it or not they are great. With one exception. His younger brother who is 23 is making comments to me that make me uncomfortable. Before when we would see them every once in a while when they visited he would say things to me about how his brother is so lucky and that I looked cute. I brushed it off. When he became of age to go out with us he would ask me to dance and the secure, trusting man that my husband is, encourage me to dance with him. I just think that he is innapropriate.

Recently he told me that I looked really good for just having a baby and that my boobs looked really big. I just walked away. I feel so awkward now and I don't want to visit anymore.

Should I tell my husband? What if he doesn't believe me? What if this perfect family life we had goes away? I can't avoid his brother all my life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell your husband. Let him handle it.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Hugs. That is sooooo uncomfortable! Tell your hubby. Maybe he can do something about it.

But, you don't HAVE to socialize with his brother. I have certain family members that are banned from my house when they have behaved innappropraitely.

We have kids, and we have to make sure the environment around them is safe and good.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would talk to your hubby, and tell him you value the relationship with is family, and you dont want to hurt it. But, his bro is making you very uncomfortable. He should be able to have a "gentle" conversation with his brother and simply tell him to show a little more respect...for you AND your hubby. If things dont change, then you have a problem.
    Good luck!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 8:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Tell your husband, and you don't have to give his brother the time of day, and next time he does something like that confront him loud enough for some other family members to hear. That way they will know what is going on and will most likely back you up, it also might embarrass him enough to stop, at least I would think so if his family knew he was being inappropriate towards his brother's wife.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• O_O tough situation..... I would speak to him first and let him know that he is making you uncomfortable, and if he doesn't change or reacts badly, then speak to your hubby. Or, Talk to hubby and both of you talk to him together. Depends on how easily they get offended or something.

baquick

Answer by baquick at 9:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• def talk 2 Ur husband about it first,before any body else.Then listen & see what HE THINKS about it,& HOW he would handle the situation,since its his bro.& if Ur bro still keeping u "uncomfortable" then talk to him & let him know,in a NICE appropriate way.Talk 2 him like an older sister. Like a family,& if he wont stop,then time to AVOID him & maybe stop associating w/ him as u can. As they said: " U CAN'T choose Ur family but U can CHOOSE who u ASSOCIATE with" & that is very true.& That's how I do deal w/ my family's that doesn't respect, & value me as family/human. SO,stay away from him as u can.GL w/ ya!
    inahan

Answer by inahan at 8:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2011

• Talk to your husband, don't keep this hidden. And let him know exactly what you said here, that you don't want this to affect the relationship with his family but you're feeling uncomfortable. Good luck.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2011