Does anyone know of an over the counter way to deworm a kitten?

I am pretty sure my kitten has worms because her belly is swollen. I can't take her to the vet right now because they want $45 just to do the exam. Any medication is extra.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pets

• You can buy dewormer tabs at grocery in pet section for 'round worms'. I just did it. You have to use more than one time though. It was capsules that you break open on some soft food, I did tuna....they snapped up every bit of it. A stray that I was sure would die if I didn't get her wormer...she is gaining weight now but i don't want to keep her and no shelter will take her. Sigh....you know the rest, lol.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• they have dewormer at walmart and at some feed stores.
    rossfamiily

Answer by rossfamiily at 8:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• go to petsmart and they will help you. i'm sorry it has been 13 years since i have had a cat. i don't remember what i gave her. i do know i bought it at walmart but like i said that was awhile ago. so i would just go ask someone at a pet store. they should know.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Be careful with over the counter wormers, though. Read the label and find out how old the kitten has to be to use it. Just a question, have you started them on solid food recently? That can also cause a bloated stomache. If you have started them on solids, you can try to soften it with milk, then mush it up and thin it out with more milk. It might digest better that way.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Nemix 2 pyrental pyamote is the safest. Tractor supply carries it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:53 AM on Jul. 16, 2011

• idk
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 11:04 AM on Jul. 17, 2011

• chewing tabacco
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011