Depression

I lost my job, I was making good money with great benefits. I have older children, but they have health issues and needed the insurance. I was making just enough to pay my bills, due to climbing out of debt from a divorce.

I was offered a part time job the other day and I took it, only because its a job and pays slightly more then unemployment. I had an interview today that was very promising, still 20,000 less than I was making, but I could make it, we just won't have health insurance. I will have to wait until next week to get a 2nd interview with the owner.

I'm so depressed, my children are pitching in to buy groceries and some of the bills. I don't like this. I can't snap out of my depression, I've tried everything.

What do you do when you are depressed, to help you feel better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Health

• i normally write til i fall asleep. i just put on paper how i feel about something or someone, change their names and little things about them and turn it into a story. but i do have one question for you, have you tried to get them on welfares medicade? right now that's what were using until he finds a full time job. maybe that will help with some of your stress and depression. good luck.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• The economy is really taking a toll on people's mental health right now. You are not alone.

Keep in mind that this situation is just temporary. The economy will improve, and you will once again have a good job with great benefits.

Right now, it is just about having a roof and food. And love. Focus on what is really important, and remember that it will get better, mama!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Thanks ladies. I haven't tried Medicaid yet, I do plan on it though, I've carried cobra until the end of July, but I'm not completely broke, trying to get them into their appointments.

I am trying so hard to put things in perspective and be thankful for what I have. I do have a roof, thanks to my boyfriend, who has paid my rent 2 months now, and my children, buying food. That is love and I need to hold onto it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Find a mental health professional to help you through your depression. There are some that will see you on a sliding scale fee or check with a college's psychology department. Some have Masters students do counseling for free or very low costs.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Write a list of things you are grateful for (do this for 30 days & see what happens), go for a brisk walk, stay in the moment, know that every thing you need is & will be provided, it always has. Smile, check out youtube for good laughter, hulu.com has Raising Hope episodes Hilarious! Also increase vitamin B & vitamin D through your diet or supplements.
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 1:22 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• I actually watched Raising Hope the other day on on demand, it is very funny. You gave me a good idea, I"m going to sit down and watch some funny shows!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2011