My hubby is a complete workaholic...I am thankful all the things it gives me but even on vacation he is on his computer or the phone is ringing

Tyler_mom1996

Asked by Tyler_mom1996 at 8:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• That bites. Maybe you can steal a little of his attn. Good luck.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Does he have his own business? If not, kit down with him and ask him to give up an hour a day of his time on the phone/pc to spend with the kids and you. Agree on a set time and stick to it..meaning, when the time is up, don't complain about him working. He may find that he wants to spend more time you all rather than working.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Mine is the same. It is as though he feels everything would fall to ruin if he is not on call 24 hours a day. I can not tell you how many plans have been ruined. But it is part of what makes him who he is and the man that I love. I treasure the times we do have uninterupted.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:41 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• I am this way only because I want to provide for my family but I need to learn to stop and enjoy the time with them
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 8:37 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• We always want what we don't have, eh? My husband is a marvelous human being, a jolly sassy cherub of a man who adores the kids and me and takes care of the house better than I ever could, but couldn't earn a living wage if our lives depended upon it. Thankfully, our lives don't depend on that, I'm the breadwinner working 80-hour work weeks. We have a new baby, and it's breaking my heart to have to leave her and work, so I sort of wish he could take over the working part for a while, even though that would mean lots of slightly-burned meals and no matching socks for the forseeable future.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jul. 14, 2011