Ants Everywhere! Sugar ants are invading my bathroom and kitchen

My counters are scrubbed and I swear there is not a drop of food on them, yet ants are everywhere. They get into unopened bags of chips, tortillias everything! I've started putting all food items, ceral, chips etc, in the fridge and they are still invading.

Tried ant bait...that didn't phase them! Any suggestions???

Asked by texasgurl33 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Diatomaceous earth! Its organic, sprinkle around the foundation of the house, under the front door, any where ants will come in from. It dehydrates them. Works on millipedes too. It's ok if eaten, just don't breathe it in if you already have lung problems.

Answer by hippiemom04 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I have the same problem! They started in the bedroom, and migrated to the kitchen! My house is too clean, OCD issues on cleaning, it HAS to be clean! The ants came out of nowhere, I've tried stupid ant traps, even an exterminator, but they keep coming back! I can't figure out why! I keep spraying with raid & it keeps the populations in the house down, but they just wont go away!!!! It sucks!

Answer by something_ at 8:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• We bought Terro (sp?) I put it out Sunday night, saw 1 ant yesterday and NONE today. It works so well. I don't care what he paid for it it was totally worth it.

Answer by coala at 9:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• put out a line of cinnamon in front of whereevr they are getting ion at I have tried this and it worked for me

Answer by fryshannon34 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Use Cinnamon or cayenne pepper where kids won't reach.

Answer by sodapple at 10:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i followed one to it's nest and used almost a full can of spray on it and four feet around it in every direction. it took care of them for about two months. i forgot to spray the outside and new ones came in and made a nest in a different place. so remember to spray outside too. good luck.

Answer by noel1978 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I had to use an exterminator. They have amazing bait trays that truly work. I'd fought an ant issue for MONTHS. Those special baits killed them all in 2 days. It's worth the money, I promise.

Answer by squeegeatc at 8:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I've heard that cinnamon sprinkled at any place ants can come in.

Answer by KristinRox at 10:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• We are having an ant problem right now as well

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 12:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• I use Terro too ,it works.

Answer by Sarah961 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2011