tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 8:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• We can only hope they downgrade us. It would be the best thing to happen.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Just curious, Carpy, why do you think so?
    tinamatt

Comment by tinamatt (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Even is the debt ceiling is NOT raised we can STILL make our bills: pay interest on the loans, social security, etc. It can be done!! The president has the power to do so. Now Obama may choose not to and he does make that choice then that is on HIM and NOT on congress for NOT raising the debt ceiling. Listen the whole debt ceiling thing compare to a household would be like having the credit cards max out and not being able to get more credit. It's time for Washington to stop buying on credit!! We should NOT raise the debt ceiling (raising the limit on the credit cards). Just because a family choose to get out of debt and stop spending on credit doesn't mean they always have to file bankruptcy and not pay their bills....many families have been able to get out of debt and live within their means. It's time for AMERICA to do the same!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

Because it provides political cover for the out of control spending we have. It entices investors and savers to pour trillions into a debt trap and the high ratings give policy makers a green light to continue their out of control fiscal behavior. A downgrade would certainly cause chaos in the market But it would level out. An individual in the same financial shape as our country would never be able to borrow so much as a dollar.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• The problem is that our elected officials have no intention of balancing the budget or being responsible. Some of them (mostly democrats) are insisting that the only way they will even consider insignificant cuts will be if they are allowed to borrow and spend more. The republicans aren't doing any better, although I'll send them little gold stars for at least giving lip service to not raising the ceiling, because they aren't addressing the major money pits and waste. They are ALL after cutting the only things the federal gov't. is actually supposed to be spending money on so they can keep blowing tax payers' money on crap.

I agree with Carpy. I hope they downgrade and I hope the entire world refuses to lend DC a single penny until they start shaping up and showing that they can be responsible as far as bills, required payments, and less spending on unnecessary things. I won't hold my breath, but I will keep watching.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I hope I'm wrong but I still say our economy "tanking", is exactly what the progressives are trying to bring about, which will make the puppet master, George Soros, very happy... jmo~
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• – collapse

I hope I'm wrong but I still say our economy "tanking", is exactly what the progressives are trying to bring about, which will make the puppet master, George Soros, very happy... jmo~ Answer by agentwanda 38 minutes ago =========== 

Ohhhh nooooooooooo......George Soros!!!!

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• – collapse
    What good would this do ? How could George Soros benefit from a total disatser? If he owned the world, how would that benifit him???WOuld he just sit there, laughing ? How would our bankruptcy help HIM???? THIS IS just another radical right wing paranoid fixation. Please, relax and stop reading that crap,OK?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Minnegepr why don't you ask europe that question namely france. They can probably exlain george soros and the concept of hedging much better than I can on myu blackberry
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:15 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• Minn, are you on here as a Soros plant to make sure any discussion of him is countered? You really seem to have a thing for the 'scary dude'.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:30 AM on Jul. 14, 2011