Should i let my daughter's girlfriend stay the night?

my 16 yr old is a lesbian. her girlfriend has always been welcomed as a overnight guest b4 they decided to be a couple. I don't have a problem with her staying or anything, it's just that,even tho they are te same sex, they are still together. i put my foot down when i got out the shower one evening to find them all under the blankets and lovey dovey. i asked for them to get up and both got attitude about they ain't doing anything just kissing and besides they are girls, they can't get pregnant. but i feel as tho i wouldn't let my other 2 bring their bf or gf home and be all up under the blankets like that. it's the same thing isn't it?

MommaFossil

Asked by MommaFossil at 9:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• i would not let my child have a bf or gf over for the night, regardless of sex, orientation, etc. that seems like a green light for sex, no matter how they do it. i think that morals need to be instilled and that its not okay to spend the night with a partner at 16 years old.
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• No. I would not let my 16 year old have their boyfriend or girlfriend over, gay or not. Pregnancy isn't the issue. No underage sex under my roof. When they're old enough to get a room, so be it.
    Anonymous

• Nope, don't let any of her 'friends' stay the night.. that's telling them it's okay to fool around. and at 16, if they can get close to it, they're gonna do it.
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 9:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It's the same thing, but it isn't at the same time. Atleast she can't get pregnant though! If you do allow it, ask them to respect you rules and not be together, let them earn your trust & if they break it then I wouldn't let her stay again if you're uncomfortable with it.
    something_

Answer by something_ at 9:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• im not a parent yet but thats a wayyyy no go if my kid ever tryd that
    cinnamon2008

Answer by cinnamon2008 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Nope. Teenagers should not be allowed to have boyfriends or girlfriends spend the night in the same room. Gay or straight. They are not adults, and should not be given adult priveledges.

:)

Sorry mama . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Nope. In essence it is the same as a heterosexual relationship in the aspects of intimacy. Just stand your ground and try to instill the proper morals in your DD.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• No significant others of my children would be staying over at 16.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 9:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• NO WAY!!! Sex is sex no matter what the gender is and it would not be going on under my roof.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• No.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2011