MIL had a stroke move back in?

My MIL has always been a very nasty person to me, minus the first few months I knew her. When I got preg. she called me a whore because I have a son from a previous relationship, I am never called by my name I am either a b*tch or 'the outsider' in her eyes. In April she moved in with us until she could find a place to stay. I knew it would backfire but I keptmy peace, asking that she mind her business and leave me alone. This didn't happen and she almost ended up behind bars forattacking me. The police asked her to leave and a few days later she reported my hub truck stolen (she financed it for him thru her c. union-I told him was a bad idea) and he was almost arrested, she tried to have me arrested on false allegations(didnt work) and when all else failed she called my hubby and disowned him. Now she is in the hospital after having a stroke from High bp and had to have heart surgery. My hub refuses to visit her or answer the phone when she calls. I know she was sh*tty to both of us, but my mom thinks the way he is acting is wrong. I don't know how I feel I agree with her, but what his mom has done to him is also wrong(very long list), he doesn't even have transportation to work, I have to get up 1am and take him until he can get another vehicle, and with new baby thats not easy. I have chosen to say nothing and stay out of it mostly, but I know she will more than likely try to move back in after the surgery, and I really dont want to go thru the bs again. I don't know whether I should agree to let her because she is ill or just put my foot down sick or not and let her stay with family as she was prior to her stroke. She has other places she can go but she likes coming to us because we have a house and no one else has as much extra room as we do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Shes lived with us 3 diff. times, leaving and cursing us whenever we don't do what she wants. Shes able bodied has a full-time job, but shes bad with money so she wants to stay somewhere she wont have to pay anything. My FIL always tries to sway my hub to let her stay with us (as he has in the past) because she will try to move back in with him (divorced her 2 years ago but she still invites herself to his house)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would let her move back in but, she as to give the truck back and sign a contract that she won't take it and she won't cause problems.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I say follow your DH's lead on this. It's his mother and not really your mom's place to say what he should and shouldn't do.
    Anonymous

• her stroky behind would stay in a damn shelter.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would say absolutely not with the extent of the crap she's pulled. If the issues were smaller I'd agree that you should just follow hubby's lead, but not after all of this.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I agree wtih the contract, if hubby decided on letting her back. I would make sure it said must be respectful, because aparently she needs rules of a 6 year old since she keeps insisting on acting like one...
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 10:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i dont blame your husband for not speaking with her. i woul kindly tell her she can not move back in and help her find somewhere else to go. it seems like she has no respect for either of you and she takes you both for granted. shes your in law but don't be blinded by that. if she cant respect you shes not worth your time untill she does. but i would try to get your husband to atleast make peace with her because he will prolly regret it if she were to pass and they stopped speaking. but sont let her move back in, mind you she needs to learn that she cant do that crap and expect it to be all flowers again.
    theladyluna

Answer by theladyluna at 11:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• she refuses to sign anything with him so thats out of the question. I think its best she just goes somewhere else.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2011