I can't stand up straight.

I'm 34 weeks, and if I try to stand up straight I get this strenuous pain in my lower abdomen, right above my mommy parts. I go to the doctor tomorrow, so I'll mention it, but is this normal? Anyone else experience this. I've been walking around like an old lady for the last two days, ha.

oliviasmomma09

Asked by oliviasmomma09 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• when I was further along, about 7 months I think, the baby used to sit on my sciatic nerve. If the pain runs down your leg at all then it could be sciatica.. I don't know of anything you can do for it though.. its just a nerve being pinched and sometimes it hurts for days, sometimes only until the baby moves.
    I also agree with reflect.. it could be because of your muscles.. ask your doc about a belly band.. they might be able to write you a prescription for one.. I got mine for free cuz my insurance case manager told me how to get it covered.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i have never heard of anyone having that..
    Anonymous

• i have!!! turned out to be a bladder infection
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Ooh, I'll ask for a urinalysis tomorrow then. It doesn't hurt when I tinkle or anything, but never know.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I did that towards the end. He was pushing down and my muscles couldn't hold my stomach up so well.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• kristal, i know it's not that, but she does kick that nerve from time to time (she's sitll breech) so i know what you mean. ha.
    i will def. bring it up to my doctor, it came on suddenly about monday night, ugh.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I had a pinched nerve in my back for almost 2 weeks i could not stand up straight it hurt to lay sit and stand. I would mention it to your dr.
    mom2girls82

Answer by mom2girls82 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2008