Restaurant Bans Kids Under 6

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/restaurant-bans-kids-under-6-discrimination-or-smart-move-2509487

Your opinion? I think it's a good idea to have "kid free" restaurants. There are plenty of kid-friendly places out there. Why shouldn't we have adult-friendly?

Sorry if this has already been posted. 

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 10:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• As the parent of a 5 year old, on the rare occasion that DH and i go out without DH, I appreciate having a nice, quiet, kid free dinner. It really sucks to be dropping $35 a plate on dinner while listening to a child cry or be disciplined the entire time.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 10:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think it is great! Kids are not and should not be welcome everywhere. People should be allowed to have places they can go and enjoy a nice meal/evening without having to deal with kids.

People that get offended by it are the same people that bring their kids with them when they get their nails done and let the kids run around without supervision.

People can not stand the thought that their precious little darlings don't always act the way they think they do.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It's a good idea. I didn't read the article. But if people don't want to be bothered with kids, why not have a place for them?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think this will offend the same amount of people that it did when Ohio went smoke free- while I understand its completely opposite, its nice to go somehwere free of kids.. I think it would be nice to go out on a date and not have to hear kids screaming.. yes, I do understand not all kids are like that.... I think its nice to have kid free places, as long as it doesnt take a rolling effect into chains such as applebees, outback, places like that.....
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 10:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• – collapse
    We have 'adult friendly' called bars and clubs. It is discrimination not to allow children or adults of any age. I bet it would be considered uncontstitutional if we said no one over 80 is allowed in a resturant.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Some kids are horribly behaved so I am all about a no kids place to go and honestly, many other people don't want to deal with people's kids at dinner. And my kids are well behaved at restaurants. But I get it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It's a good idea. Those upset with it would do good to remind themselves - they aren't really banning kids, they're banning the lazy, useless parents that go with some of them, and in order to do that fairly, they have to ban them all.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I agree----good idea.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• chicki love this ban-it's about time. in another post somebody compared the kid ban to "what if they ban anyone over 80" oh please!!! how many times to senior citizens over 80 disrupt the peace at a restaurant ? has anyone ever seen a senior citizen bawling their lungs out at a restaurant ? hhmmm ? anyone..

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would like to reiterate to KARRIEMARIE- Whom I am almost certain voted everyone down- not everyone is as big on clubs and bars as you seem to think. I would rather go to a ncie place and enjoy a quiet dinner- not a smoky, loud horrible muic playing drunk filled haze. Sorry. If I want that I will go to my inlaws.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 10:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2011